The 5th General Meeting of the Tunisian Automotive Association “TAA” took place in Tunis on Thursday October 28, 2021, in the presence of 60 of its members (national and international companies active in the automotive sector established in Tunisia) as well as its partners among the governmental institutions and non-governmental organizations. The General Meeting ended successfully after the presentation of the “Annual Report 2020” of the association, the report of the Auditor, the approval of the financial statements for the financial year 2020, as well as the presentation of the activities of the TAA in 2021 and the outlook for 2022. On the occasion of this General Meeting and after its closing, the TAA presented its various activities during the year 2020, mainly oriented towards the fight against the spread of COVID-19 pandemic, in particular through support for companies in the sector vis-à-vis the competent authorities, the implementation of a health protocol, the business continuity plan, but also including structural measures, such as the launch of an online repository of companies in the sector, developed with the EBRD and EY.
TAA & GIZ, signature of the Memorandum of Understanding
[rev_slider alias=”GIZ TAA”][/rev_slider] On the occasion of this General Meeting , the TAA, the GIZ and the Ministry of Industry, Mines and Energy signed a “Memorandum of Understanding” (MOU) for the launch of the “Tunisian Automotive Management Academy” (TAMA), a training academy which aims to develop and strengthen the essential skills of middle management dedicated to the automotive industry in Tunisia. This agreement illustrates the strengthening of cooperation between the TAA and the GIZ, through their competent bodies, with a view to promoting the automotive sector through the implementation of the following joint actions:
- Support in the implementation of a “Pact for the Competitiveness of the automotive industry”;
- Development of a communication plan for the development of a brand image of the automotive sector in Tunisia;
- Sourcebook/Database through the development of a database for the automotive sector in Tunisia for use in particular by potential investors and foreign contractors;
- Managing the repercussions of the COVID-19 pandemic through the development of a health guide and follow-up through targeted training;
- Automotive sector waste management;
- Networking study for the TAA at the international level;
- Strategic studies for the support of the automotive sector in Tunisia in the face of various changes and the emergence of new energies.
- The objective of the TAA remains the promotion and development of the automotive sector in Tunisia and internationally, while ensuring the support of members with the competent authorities.